- Title: Market Gardening in the Vale
- Leaders: Alan & Pauline
- Area: Offenham
- Start: 9.30 am
- Location of the start of the walk: Offenham Village Hall, Main Street, Offenham WR11 8QD
- Map Grid Reference: SP 054 462
- Distance: 8.5m
- Classification: Easy Child Friendly: No Dog Friendly: No
- Refreshments: Lunchtime drinks and snacks are available at the Kings Arms, Cleeve Prior and there will be an opportunity to visit Boat Lane Brewery in Offenham at the end of the walk.
“At 9.30 a.m. short presentations will be given in the hall by Terry Sparrow from Badsey Historical Society on Market Gardening in the Vale and by Nina O’Hare from Worcestershire Archive and Archaeology Service on the Market Gardening Heritage Project.
The walk will commence at 10.15 a.m. The morning walk will be along the River Avon, following Shakespeare’s Avon Way to Cleeve Prior, returning after lunch via Middle Littleton Tithe Barn, the largest and finest restored C13th tithe barn in the country.”
You can view additional information by clicking here.